Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Welcome to my head

To begin I need to reiterate my general distrust and distaste of the pomposity that defines the blog and youtube era. However I also am fascinated by the general contraditions within myself and in the world. To that end, recently I truly realized that sometimes if something pisses me off, makes me think, makes me laugh, puzzles or disturbs me or generally intrigues me I feel compelled to write about it.
Therefore I hereby announce the creation of a series of these off the cuff, sometimes unplanned, complusive writings called "From Where I Sit", naturally the title is a wheelchair pun (you know I can't resist) but in truth was suggested to me by a friend years ago in conjunction with another idea I had at the time.

I have no idea how regular these will be so don't wait by the screen for another, but they will come (in fact the next couple probably very soon) and I have also retroactively made two older notes the first two of the series. I may come off as a genius, a fool, bitter, optimistic, angry or happy but goes so life so if you want to comment on anything I write or what you think about me in general, I encourage it.

I'd like to claim I am am doing this for no one but myself but the truth is, I believe anyone inspired to put thoughts on paper wants others to read them even if they don't admit it.

Bottomline: Read if you want, if you don't, I'll be writing them anyway

Yours truly,

Chris

AKA (and yes I have been called all of these at one time or another):

Higgs, Higgy, Higgy Smalls, The Notorious H.I.G, Higgy Pop, Clyde, Sonny, Tofer, McWheelie, the H-man, Drunkie McWheelchair

1 comment: